"STEM is a potentially new educational powerhouse, and when applied properly, this curriculum integrating process can make a big difference in how our future leaders see the world, and solve problems. It is an exciting paradigm for giving children the tools to compete in the highly competitive global economy."
break- Harry Roman Author of The Importance of STEM: Illinois Association for Gifted Children, March 2012
What is “GET-IT”
GET-IT (Greater Expectations Technology) - LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Instructor Led with an emphasis on CAD Robotics.
The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Solution is set up as an 8-week (64 hours) curriculum. However, it can be adjusted according to the need. Students will learn how to design and build programmable robots using high quality motors, sensors, gears, wheels, axles, and other technical components. By using hands-on robotics, students will gain a better understanding of how technology works in real world applications.
Workshop details are as follows:
- There will be 8 students per 1 instructor
- The length of each course will be (2) hours or 120 minutes per group
- Each group will receive (16) classes
- Classes can be conducted Monday thru Thursday
- There will be CAD demonstrations to teach the children about CAD and how to modify their Robot design in CAD and 3D Print the modified parts
To learn more about GET-IT, go to getcadtraining.com.