Marriage and Human Sexuality
Based on biblical scripture, the following is what we believe:
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on the cross to provide our redemption, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father in heaven, and His promise to return to earth in power and glory.
• We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was separated from God. Only through faith, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that separation be reconciled.
• We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful men (women), restoration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe marriage as the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child.